It’s the age-old struggle: you want to look and feel your best, but healthy food just doesn’t seem as appealing as foods that are less nutritious. The good news is, you can have the best of both worlds with delicious and nutritious foods that will give your metabolism a boost and help you melt away fat. Read on to learn more about these amazing foods!
Food That Supports a Faster Metabolism
A metabolic rate that runs at its peak is key to burning fat and staying on the right track to staying fit. To facilitate this, one needs to make sure they’re consuming delicious and nutritious food. Here are some delicious food items that will help you rev your metabolism into high gear!
- Organic Brazil nuts
- Organic Coconut oil
- Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- Organic Asparagus
- Organic Sweet Potatoes
- Organic Habanero Pepper
Brazil nuts are one of the best sources of selenium, a necessary mineral for metabolism, and hence these should be included in your diet. Coconut oil, being rich in lauric acid, acts as a medium-chain fatty acid that helps accelerate metabolic activity, helping the body absorb more nutrients and boost energy. Pumpkin seeds are a great source of magnesium, which is essential for metabolizing fats, carbohydrates and proteins. Asparagus is a great veggie to add to your diet as it’s full of folic acid and zinc, both of which aid in the breakdown of carbs. Sweet potatoes are another one! They are an abundant source of vitamins B6 and C plus manganese, which aid in keeping the metabolism running. Finally, Habanero peppers are full of capsaicin, a chemical that helps speed up metabolism and burn calories quickly.
2. Eat Yourself Slim! Tasty Meals to Incinerate Your Excess Fat
Being healthy isn’t just about eating less – sometimes the best way to slim down is to break out some delicious food! Healthy meals can be just as delicious as junk food, and they won’t break the scale. Here are some meals that will help you see results:
- Baked Salmon – Not only is this dish full of Omega-3 fatty acids, it’s delicious! Just add lemon and a touch of olive oil for a healthy meal that won’t leave you hungry.
- Vegetable Smoothie – This is a great way to get your greens in! Combine fruit and vegetables for a delicious and nutritious snack that’s perfect for breakfast or a light lunch.
- Cauliflower Steaks – These steaks pack a lot of flavor. They can be made savory or sweet, and they pair perfectly with other vegetables and proteins at mealtime.
Be sure to stay hydrated while you’re eating healthy! Water will help your body process the food faster and will keep you feeling full for longer. Plus, it can help prevent cravings and irritability as you adjust to your new diet.
3. Nosh Your Way to a Slimmer You! Delicious Dishes to Help You MELT Away Fat
Reaching your desired weight doesn’t have to mean depriving yourself of all the delicious treats you normally indulge in. All you need to do is make smarter choices when it comes to your snacks. Here are some of our favorite recipes to help you melt away fat!
Veggie-Filled Noodle Bowl
A side of vegetables with every meal is a surefire way to get all the nutrients you need, while keeping an eye on your calorie intake. This veggie-filled noodle bowl is perfect for lunch or dinner and features loads of healthy options, such as shallots, carrots, broccoli, mushroom, and more.
- 1 packaged pre-cooked brown rice and quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons hoisin or teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
When it comes to boosting your metabolism, the focus should be on healthy eating not on dieting. These days, the trendiest and healthiest way to put your metabolism in motion is through delicious indulgence that comes with a side of good nutrition. When made with the right ingredients, power meals can give you all the nutrients you need plus something to excite your taste buds.
Here are a few diet-approved ways to deliciously indulge and boost your metabolism:
- Hummus & Veggies: Start your day right by treating yourself to a cup of hummus and a side platter of your favorite vegetables. It’s a tasty combo that will fuel you for breakfast and keep your metabolism revved up until lunch.
- Smoothies: Blending up a smoothie packed with fruits and veggies is a great and easy way to get some much needed vitamins and minerals without loading up on high-calorie foods. Add some protein like yogurt or Greek yogurt for an added metabolism-boosting effect.
- Grains & Quinoa: Opt for ancient grains and seed like Quinoa, which are packed with fiber, plant-based proteins and antioxidants. Use them as a main or add them to salads for a satisfying meal packed with slow-release energy.
- Fruits: Start your morning off with a fresh fruit salad, snack on berries during the afternoon, or experiment with exotic fruits like jackfruit or dragon fruit for a delicious sweet treat with a metabolism boost.
No matter what your dietary preference or lifestyle choices are, you can always find a delicious, healthy way to indulge and get a lift in your metabolism. So don’t diet — deliciously indulge!
Well, there you have it — some delicious foods that can help boost your metabolism and make you MELT away that stubborn fat. Eating right can help you reach your fitness goals in no time. So remember: every mini meal is an opportunity to make yourself healthy and strong. Bon appétit!