Are you looking to 10X your ab workout and lose that frustrating lower belly fat? Look no further! We’ve got you covered with all the tips and tricks you need to say goodbye to love handles for good! So time to get your fitness gear on and ready to finally show off those abs with confidence. Let’s start on this fitness journey together!
1. Get Ready to Blast That Belly Fat Away!
The key is to get organized. While losing your belly fat doesn’t have to be difficult, it can be if you don’t plan ahead and take the necessary steps to stay organized and on track. Here’s what you should do to get ready:
- Create and track a calorie spreadsheet to identify what you’re eating
- Take note of your daily activity
- Get your sleep and positively affect how your body will react to the diet and exercise regimen
- Have realistic expectations; think of it as a lifestyle change rather than a punishment
Organizing your goal to blast that belly fat away requires more than just a diet change. It’s a combination of diet, exercise, mindset and patience that will give you the body you desire. Start small and stay disciplined. Before you know it, you’ll be seeing major changes.
2. Ten Ways to Kick Your Ab Workouts Up a Notch
It’s easy to quickly fall into a predictable ab workout. To keep things interesting and up your fitness game, make a few tweaks to your routine. Here are 10 ways to kick your ab workouts up a notch:
- Vary your exercises – alternating between exercises like crunches, mountain climbers, and leg lifts will keep things fresh, and muscling up your movement.
- Start with a warm-up – Spending a few minutes getting your heart rate up will help you perform better when it’s time to focus on your abs.
- Hold each ab exercise – If you can take the burn, doing each exercise and slowly holding at the top will really make your abs work.
- Take shorter breaks – Instead of taking a full break between each set, take a quick drink and get straight back into your next set.
- Go at an angled incline – If you’re doing crunches, try doing them at an inclined angle to really fire up your core.
- Lower your body – Lowering your body a few inches when doing ab exercises will really work your upper abs.
- Start with the harder exercises – You’ll be fresh when you start your workout, so take advantage and come out the gate with a challenging move.
- Increase your resistance – If you’re using weights or bands to do crunches, increase your resistance each time to up the intensity.
- Drop the weights – On days when you feel like skipping your equipment, switch up the routine by using your own body weight.
- Push yourself – Keep challenging yourself and push yourself out of your comfort zone by increasing the intensity or number of reps.
Adding just a few of these ideas into your ab routine can help you get stronger and power up your progress. No matter what ab exercise you do, the intensity of your workout is up to you. Turn up the intensity, and enjoy the results!
3. Focused Exercises to Get Rid of Lower Belly Flab
No matter how flat you’ve managed to get the rest of your midsection, that stubborn lower belly fat is always the last to go. Fortunately, there is hope for your muffin top!
Sure, you’ll need to incorporate a healthy lifestyle with balanced nutrition and regular cardio; but, you can ramp up your transformation with an additional arsenal of targeted abdominal exercises:
- Reverse Crunch – Lie flat on your back and bring your knees up to your chest while you curl your hips off the ground. Keep your neck relaxed and your arms at your sides. Lower back to the start position.
- Bicycle Crunches – Lie flat on your back and bring your left knee in towards your chest. As you press your lower back into the ground, draw your right elbow to meet your left knee. Alternate sides and make sure to engage your core.
- Plank – Line your elbows directly beneath your shoulders and forearms flat on the ground. Engage your core and raise your torso until your body forms a straight line from ears to toes. Hold for 30-60 seconds.
- Pike Hold – Get into a high plank position and, engaging your core, raise your butt towards the sky into a pike. Hold for 10-30 seconds before your back sways, and lower to the rest position.
- Flutter Kicks – Lie flat on your back and raise your legs a few inches off the ground. Alternating between right and left, kick out your legs like you’re running in the air. Engage your core and keep your back flat against the ground.
4. Achieving Your Body Goals, One Ab Workout at a Time
It doesn’t have to be complicated: with the right combination of diets and exercise, you’ll be well on your way to achieving your body goals. One way to strengthen your core and make those abs pop is to exercise regularly with ab-targeted workouts. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Crunches – lay down on the ground, cross your arms across your chest, and perform a sit-up to crunch in your upper abdominal muscles.
- Bicycle crunches – lay on the ground with your knees bent and feet planted, and alternate between bringing your left elbow to your right knee and vice versa.
- Planks – with your abs active, hold your body in straight line for a specified amount of time.
Of course, no ab workout would be complete without throwing in some cardio. Cardio not only helps you release energy but also assists with the fat-burning process. You can opt for a 30-minute jogging session, or even substitute with a 10-minute sprint or two. Whatever works best for you, make sure to incorporate it into your routine. In no time you’ll be seeing results. Start small and work your way up until you can sustain harder and more demanding workouts. With a consistent effort, you’ll get where you want to be!
If you want to shed that lower belly fat, 10Xing your ab workouts is definitely a great place to start. And the more effort you put in, the faster you’ll reach your goals and get the flat abs you’ve always wanted. So don’t give up – if you stay consistent and keep breaking through your plateaus, you’ll be rocking that toned midsection in no time!