Ah, summer: The season of warm nights, ice cream, and of course, beach trips. But let’s face it, with all the ice cream and general laziness, it can be hard to make a dent in that pesky summer weight. But fear not, my friends! With the right plan and a little hard work, you can shed that extra weight and get your beach body ready in no time. Read on to learn how to “
1. Soak Up the Sun and Scorch Some Calories: Get That Summer Body!
Summer is the perfect time to get out and get moving! With the weather at its peak, make the most of the sunshine and get in shape for those warm weather months. You don’t have to spend hours in the gym, here are our top tips to help you get that summer body:
- Physical Activity: Try to squeeze in as much activity as you can. Strive for 30 minutes of exercise a day — it could be a run, a gym session, or even a brisk walk.
- Smarter Eating: Make sure to stick to a balanced diet that includes tons of fruits and vegetables. That way, you’ll have more energy and get the most out of your summer workouts.
Getting in shape doesn’t have to be a chore. Take advantage of the nice weather and let your summer body shine!
2. Trim the Fat: Expert Tips for Burning Fat Fast
Cut Your Calories
Dropping a few pounds within a week has more to do with what’s going in than what’s coming out. To start burning fat fast, you’ll need to watch your calorie intake and make sure you’re not ingesting more fuel than your body can process. Here are a few tips to help get you started:
- Pay attention to the size of your portions; take away the guesswork and measure out your meals with a kitchen scale.
- Add more fiber-rich veggies to your plate to fill you up while still being light on calories.
- Read food labels carefully and check for high levels of saturated fat, sugar, and salt before you fill your grocery basket.
Up the Intensity
Burning fat quickly requires a strong commitment to cardio. Step up the intensity of your weekly routine with these fat-burning activities.
- Take your working out up a notch by engaging in interval training. Try swapping between high bursts of energy and less intense periods of activity to kick your heart rate up and maximize calorie-burning.
- Hill sprints are another popular alternative for burning fat fast. If you don’t have a hilly area to run, a set of stairs can provide you with a similar challenge to get your blood pumping.
- To really sweat it out, find a good kickboxing or HIIT-style session that will get your pulse racing and your body sweating.
3. Turn Up the Heat: Incorporate High-Intensity Training into Your Routine
If you’re looking to make a real impact on your fitness routine, high-intensity training (HIT) is the way to go. HIT is all about pushing yourself and finding your limits to increase power, strength, and muscle mass. Here are the benefits of making HIT an integral part of your routine:
- Burns calories quickly: HIT involves short bursts of intense activity, which raise your heart rate and send your calorie burning into overdrive.
- Improves endurance: HIT helps your muscles adapt to and recover from intense physical activity, thus helping you improve your overall endurance.
- Promotes muscle growth: Since HIT involves heavy lifting, it’s ideal for increasing muscle mass.
If you’re new to HIT, you may want to start by incorporating more high-intensity exercises into your regular workout. Doing so will boost the intensity of your regular routine and prepare you for taking on more challenging workouts. Also, add rest days into your routine. It’s important to give your body time to rest and recover in order to achieve the best results from your HIT sessions.
4. Staying Motivated: How to Get the Results You Crave
We all know how it feels to be filled with drive and ambition. We are ready to take on the world. Yet, all too often our motivation turns into frustration and we give up. The key to making sure this doesn’t happen is all about maintaining your focus. Here are some suggestions to help you stay motivated and get the results you want.
- Set Clear Outcomes: Give yourself a goal that is measurable and achievable. That way, when you reach it, you have evidence that you accomplished something.
- Be Accountable: Get a work buddy that can help keep you on track. It’s hard to stay motivated on your own, and having someone keeping tabs on your progress can help you stay on track.
- Create A Reward System: Figure out the reward that you’d like to receive when you reach your goal. This is an excellent way to drive yourself forward and stay motivated during tough times.
Success is achieved through consistency. Set yourself weekly or monthly deadlines to make sure you’re on track. Implementing little steps towards your goal will build momentum and help you achieve the satisfaction you crave.
So go ahead and make healthy and glowing as you set your summer goals. Your body, your journey, and your goals—you can get that summer body you’ve always wanted! Don’t forget to have fun, stay committed, and stay cool!