Are you looking for a way to lose weight while you rest and relax? Does the idea of slimming down without having to make much effort sound too good to be true? Well, the answer may surprise you – if you’re willing to burn the midnight oil, you can indeed lose weight while you sleep. Read on and find out how!
Burning off excess pounds can be hard because of our hectic and sedentary lifestyles. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Here are some tips to help you ignite a flicker to start burning off those spare pounds in your sleep:
- Healthy sleep patterns: Make sure you’re getting enough sleep. The National Sleep Foundation recommends 7-9 hrs of sleep a night. This will give your body the needed rest to repair and renew itself overnight.
- Food Choices: Start incorporating healthy wholesome foods into your diet. Choose lean proteins, veggies, and fruits to keep you fuller for longer and rid you of the mid-day cravings.
- Water: Keep your body hydrated! Drinking plenty of water will not only keep your body running at its peak, but will keep your mind going too. It’ll make you more productive during the day, leaving your night time open for some uncomplicated sleeping.
Supplement Your Sleep: Along with eating nutritiously and drinking plenty of water, you’ll want to use supplements to give your body the support it needs to burn fat while sleeping. Omega-3 fatty acids, iron, and magnesium are great for your muscles development and will work hard to burn off the extra fat overnight.
2. Live A Teeny Bit Lazier & Turn Up The Heat On Weight Loss
Many dieters swear by a strict regimen of exercise to keep off the extra pounds, but don’t underestimate the power of taking it easy. Your body often responds to rest and relaxation by releasing hormones that help you burn more calories, so why not incorporate a little laziness into your routine?
Start to incorporate breaks into your day, like a mid-morning nap or a two-minute break to meditate after lunch. You can also look into incorporating yoga into your routine – the gentle and calming motions can help you to increase overall stamina and take some of the burden off your feet. Take your time with your meals and savor each bite as you go. And don’t forget to get your seven to eight hours of restorative sleep – your body will thank you for it and so will your waistline. Lazy can be the new productive when it comes to weight loss.
- Take mid-morning naps and two-minute breaks to meditate
- Incorporate yoga into your routine
- Savor each bite of food and get adequate sleep
3. 8 Expert-Backed Strategies To Set Fire To Fat Overnight
Whipping up a ripped figure in no time always sounds like a dream, right? Fortunately, you don’t need hunger-inducing crash diets or grueling early morning bootcamp sessions to achieve a leaner body. Here are 8 surefire tips we’ve put together, based on expert knowledge, to set your metabolism on fire and help you burn fat overnight.
- Cut out late-night meals. Eating late at night is like sleep-walking in the gym – not only does it pile on the pounds, it also affects your productivity the next day. Try and make dinner your last meal of the day and say goodbye to late-night munchies.
- Work up a sweat before bed. Just 20 minutes of cardio or some light weight-training before bed can really help up your metabolism in the hours that you sleep. Getting your body to work at night can help get the fat-burning hormones up and running.
And if you’re willing to go the extra step, why stop at the workout? Why not try spicing up your diet with metabolism-friendly food? High-fiber greens and spicy ingredients like garlic and ginger are nutritionist’s faves for boosting the fire in your belly and giving you the body you’re after.
- Snack on nuts. Mixed nuts are excellent, high-fiber snacks that help boost your metabolism. They contain healthy fats and protein to keep your muscles toned and energized as you sleep.
- Drink decaf before bed. A small cup of decaf tea primes your body to burn fat while you sleep. Caffeine-filled drinks can leave you feeling jittery and cause you to lose sleep, which can cause your metabolism to slow down.
4. Ready For Lumbar Fire? Ideas To Make Losing Weight Effortless While You Snooze
Ease Your Way to a Fit and Fab Self
We all joke about snoozing and losing those extra kilos making way to an envious figure! But it doesn’t always work that way. However, this doesn’t mean weight loss is a stringent process and all the fun of life has to be forgotten. We bring to you some clever ideas that are indeed weight- loss friendly and totally worth your time!
Shake Those Bowels:
- Start the day with a glass of lukewarm lemon water with honey.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your energy levels up and metabolism high.
- Fuel your body with a big breakfast followed with a light lunch.
- Disclaimer: crash diets do more harm than good. Restriction and deprivation is not the spoon to weight loss.
Sweat it Out:
- An exercise session can be anything from running, skipping, cycling, HIIT, dancing.
- Make it fun. Get a buddy or have your own virtual gym classes. Nevertheless, stay consistent.
- Tired after work? A few simple stretches will work the magic. You can do these in the bed too!
- Catch enough sleep. Sleep increases metabolism and helps in burning fat.
Take the staircase, do sit-ups while watching TV, smile while you shop, have a lunch break with your team at work. Little everyday steps can make big changes. All that’s needed is discipline, consistency and dedication – and the results will be there for all to see.
You don’t have to sacrifice a full night’s sleep to reach your weight loss goal. With the help of some mindful strategies, including the right diet and an adequate amount of exercise, you can reach your goal while getting a good, restful night’s sleep. Who said you have to burn the midnight oil to lose weight? Sleep your way to a better body today!